Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jeff the Brotherhood at Berkeley Cafe - 6/13/2012

Jeff the Brotherhood
Berkeley Cafe
6/13/2012

I was immensely excited for this show.  Jeff the Brotherhood put on the best show of last year's Hopscotch festival, a packed, sweaty affair at Slims where the crowd was as receptive as any I've ever seen for a band in Raleigh.  Also, this weird girl spent much of the show dry humping my leg while I tried taking photos.  It's the little things that makes a show memorable you know?

No one dry humped me at the Berkeley Cafe, and the crowd wasn't nearly as excited and animated save the pack of girls who were posted up at the front of the stage right next to me...one of which kinda looked like Spicoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."  But the band still destroyed - particularly my ears and my brain - in the best way possible.  Lots of songs from their last couple of full-lengths "Heavy Days" and "We Are The Champions", plus a handful of new tracks that will presumably be on their upcoming record.  They had also apparently set aside more money this tour for their smoke machine budget, as that thing was pumping out the stinky fog full blast for the majority of the performance.  Didn't really help with my taking photos, but it looked awesome to the naked eye so fuck some photo taking right? 

This is easily one of the best touring bands today.  I'll never, ever miss a performance.  Get off your ass and see them next time they come around. 

No comments: